Thursday, September 18, 2014

My Studio Table Uncensored and Unedited.

Today's blog post is part of a collaborative pop-up on Seth Apter's blog 'The Altered Page'. Seth has asked all participating artists to share their studio tables uncensored and unedited. After reading my post you can head over to the Altered Page and find links to all the other participating artists. Join the party!!


My studio table was purchased at Ikea about 10 years ago. I wanted to get one with a glass top so I could get messy on it and any acrylic paint or mediums could just be scraped away with a paint scraper. Quick and easy clean-up. I fell in love with this one at the store and the fact that it's the color of beach glass was a bonus. It was table love at first site.


When we moved 4 years ago my trusty studio table now had to double as a dining room table. Not a problem except that I'm not really big on tidying it up at the end of the day so we are usually eating dinner 'Big Bang Theory' style, on the couch holding plates in our laps.


As I am a fine artist and use my easel for large canvases, my studio table is usually piled high with art supplies that I'm using, inspiration sketches, tear sheets from magazines, and just about everything that I might need while working. And of course much needed mugs of coffee or green tea.


When I'm working on small paintings or mixed media work, I can pull up a chair and work right at my studio table. It's large enough to hold supplies with room enough for a nice work area too.


And when we have dinner guests invited my studio table gets the full treatment and gets used for dining. Cheers.