Friday, April 4, 2014

Red Head Gallery Presents Brief Encounters, Lynn Christine Kelly

Brief Encounters, Lynn Christine Kelly's latest exhibition opened this week at Red Head Gallery, Toronto. 


I've attended all of Lynn's solo exhibitions with Red Head (she is my friend of 10+ years after all) but this time I was treated to a behind the scenes look as I was invited in to the space during the install.


When I entered the gallery I immediately felt as if the weight of this particularly long and cold winter (and delayed spring) lifted off my shoulders. I was thrilled to see how Lynn had Incorporated natural earth elements with her bronzes and sculptures.


The scent of the greenery, earth, and flowers, and the abundance of gallery lighting instantly lifted my mood.


Brief Encounters is part of Lynn's ongoing body of work concerning the cycles of life. The exhibition contains painting, drawing, sculpture and installation.


Brief Encounters
APRIL 2 - 26, 2014
RECEPTION: APRIL 12, 2 - 5pm
ARTIST WILL BE IN ATTENDANCE


401 Richmond Street West
Ground Floor, Suite 115
Toronto, Canada, M5V 3A8