Thursday, January 5, 2012

Eclectic Elegance

So here we are in the midst of the first week in a new year. A fresh start. The studio has been cleaned, purged of unnecessary things and reorganized, ready to inspire many new paintings and other projects. 

You may remember this post from last year, that one of my paintings made it into the Benjamin Moore Color Trends 2012 brochure (much excitement and gratitude here!) and 2 of my works are included in videos on the Benjamin Moore site


So I was delighted this morning when I tuned into Cityline (as I do most days) to see guest expert Sharon Grech showcasing the Benjamin Moore house. There in the room painted in the trend called  "eclectic elegance" was my painting "Early Morning"


As an artist this is always so exciting for me. I spend so many hours alone in my studio creating them and then they go out into the world. As much of my work is sold through galleries I don't usually see where the paintings end up. Sometimes they end up as props for a shoot like this. 

Occasionally the owners of the home being used for the shoot will purchase the painting and sometimes they go back to the gallery."Early Morning" is available at Art Interiors.