Thursday, July 1, 2010

Birds on a Wire.

Follow Me On Twitter 18x18 Acrylic on Canvas
Contact Arts on Queen to Purchase






I've always liked looking at birds on wires and have been photographing them since I can remember. In the country, along the highways and in the city. I've just always found it a very pleasing and soothing image. And so my "birds on a wire" series of paintings began.

I was thrilled when I noticed on the second day after our move, sitting out on the balcony, that wires run right across my view at our level. The little birds land on the wires regularly. They have nests in the building next to us and I can hear them chirping away. It's a nice addition to the sounds of the street car and city life. Now I just have to step out on my balcony for inspiration. I think I'll be painting many more urban landscapes in the months to come.

To see my newest paintings in the "Birds on a Wire" series be sure to check out my show "Fresh" at Arts on Queen. 2198 Queen St. E. in the Beaches, Toronto. July 3-31. Opening reception Saturday July 3, 1-4 pm.