Tuesday, July 29, 2008

New Mini Birches at Art Interiors


I dropped off 5 new "mini" birch paintings at Art Interiors today. They are 2"x3" and look adorable in this tiny format. I usually paint up a bunch of small paintings for the annual "Festival of Smalls" at Art Interiors, but as I have been working on a commission for them as well as a large birch painting, I thought I'd get a few smalls done as well.

I had a nice chat with Patricia and Erika and they told me that the commission I had just finished was for Gluckstein. Now anyone that knows me, knows that I just love Gluckstein's style and have watched him on "Cityline" for years. In fact, if I won the lottery tomorrow my first project would be a Gluckstein designed dream home!!! I met Brian Gluckstein very briefly at the Beaches Art Show a few years ago when I was just starting out. He came into my booth and looked at my landscapes and said they were lovely-very nicely done. That compliment meant the world to me. Today, I'm happy to say that more than a few of my paintings have gone into Gluckstein designed homes and model suites. Thanks Art Interiors, Thanks Brian and staff!!